Curries Air (Pty) Ltd is a family owned Heating Ventilation and Air-conditioning company (HVAC) started in 1975 by Richard Currie Senior. From humble beginnings the business now employs close to 50 people and is one of the key players in the Commercial, Industrial and Residential HVAC sectors.
Key points of the business:
- Established in 1975.
- Located in Rhodesfield, Kempton Park, Johannesburg since 2005.
- Currently owned by Richard, Kim and Andrew Currie after purchasing from Richard Currie Senior in 2012.
- Fully fledged sales department, installation department, maintenance department, repairs department and quality management department.
- Ducting manufacturing shop onsite to assist in fast turnaround time for installations.
- Onsite CAD operator with licensed AUTOCAD for shop and as-built drawings.
- Approximately 50 staff including five Sales / Project Management Staff, Service & Maintenance Manager, Sales Director, Bookkeeper, Storeman, CAD Designer, Debt Collector, seven Installation teams, five Maintenance teams and five Technical teams.
- The Company was restructured from a Close Corporation to a Private Company in 2016 as part of a full BBBEE re-structure to comply with Black Economic Empowerment laws. Currently a level 4 BBBEE contributor.
- Top 10 dealer in Samsung Equipment for the past few years (6th in South Africa and 2nd in JHB in 2018).
- Skilled in working with Mechanical Engineers (such as GPCE, WSP, Adaptive Resources, ARUP to name a few) as well as design and supply projects.
- The first company to install a Samsung DVM Heat Recovery system (2009) in South Africa. Now skilled in VRF systems manufactured by Daikin, Mitsubishi, Samsung, LG and Gree.
- The company services over 500 monthly maintenance clients including the likes of Facebook, Woolworths and McDonalds.
2009 – First company in SA to install Samsung DVM III Heat Recovery system at the OR Tambo Formula 1 hotel.
2012 – The company is purchased by the management who have run the company over the past 5 years, namely Richard, Kim and Andrew Currie.
2015 – Level 2 BBBEE certificate level obtained. Fully fledged ducting team employed.
2016 – Awarded Second Largest Samsung dealer in JHB (only surpassed by a supply company). Fleet further extended by 9 vehicles.
2018 – Awarded Second Largest Samsung dealer in JHB (only surpassed by a supply company) and sixth largest in South Africa.